How Do You Feel Your Best Self Every day?
Every wonder why you are feeling stressed?
The last couple of years has been stressful for most of us. We recently did some research to find out what, if anything, was troubling people. Dragonfly’s survey of over 1000 Brits discovered some interesting headlines:
- Almost half (47%) of respondents said they feel pressure to be perfect
- More than a quarter (28%) said they often feel pressure to look perfect
- 28% feel pressure on how they look
- 21% with how they dress
- One in five (20%) feel pressure in their role as a partner
- 20% feel pressure to be perfect at work.
Be Yourself. Everyone else is already taken
We do not realise it but feeling pressure to be perfect can be a hidden happiness taker and silently drag us down.
Dragonfly’s specialist, Dr Tim Bond, explains why:
“Trying to be perfect means trying to reach impossible standards. You may feel that others around you are perfect, which heaps pressure upon pressure. Trying to be perfect can often come with stress, anxiety, difficulty in getting to sleep and sometimes pain.
“Turn this around by taking time to understand and define yourself and how you relate to others. Then, cultivate a healthy lifestyle around your diet, exercise regime and self-care.
8 Tips to Feel Happier
Dragonfly CBD believes strongly in feeling empowered; being free to be the person you want to be every day. Here are our 8 tips to Be You:
• Define yourself. Think about who you are, what makes you, you. Think about your choices and what you want from your life. Strive for authenticity and make sure you comfortably define yourself.
• Forgive yourself and things you are unhappy with from the past. In terms of how you look, try not to compare yourself with others and grow naturally into every new age of your life. You cannot Be You if you are hankering after being like others
• Always look for your own strengths. Stand tall. Don’t criticise yourself as this can lead to criticism of others and a double load of unhappiness
• Filter negative comments from others. I prefer positive feedback or well-intended criticism of a good friend, family member or colleague. We all have flaws. Learn to acknowledge them, work on them when you are ready or, if they are not harmful to yourself or others, see them as individual quirks
• Stop caring so much about what people think of you and stop trying to please others all of the time. This doesn’t mean that other people’s opinion does not matter, but don’t let anyone make you feel inferior.
• Surround yourself with positive people who genuinely mean you well. Build up a circle of trusted friends who share your views of life; you respect and, most importantly, respect you.
• Treat yourself with love, kindness, and respect. Develop your individuality and be fair to yourself.
• Never let anyone stop you from being you. Accept yourself, and don’t let your flaws get you down. Stop striving for perfectionism – in your looks, relationships, and work.
Dragonfly CBD experts’ 5 Science-Backed hacks to reduce stress
Dragonfly CBD’s experts – Professor Jason Ellis, Dr Tim Bond, Dr Nisa Aslam, Sultan Dajani and 4 times Winter Olympian and Dragonfly brand ambassador, Chemmy Alcott, have pulled together their science-backed hacks to target complaints we all suffer from – anxiety, stress, sleep and wellness – through good nutrition and exercise:
Feed your body and your brain
Make sure you are getting your 5-A-Day. Fruit and vegetable intakes are linked with longer life expectancy and reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and obesity. Protein should be another priority as it provides the raw material for new tissue growth. As well as being vital for optimal health, it may help you feel fuller for longer and help with weight maintenance.
Additionally, eating a portion (140g) of oily fish each week (e.g. sardines, salmon, mackerel) will provide you with a good source of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA). These essential fats are linked with normal brain, eye, and heart function and reduced risk of dementia and various inflammatory conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease.
Support with supplements
The most recent data from the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey (NDNS) shows worrying shortfalls in micronutrients across the population. So you may want to consider supporting your dietary intake with a multivitamin and multimineral supplement. Including Vitamin D Dragonfly CBD® Oil as part of your daily routine can help you meet the UK recommended intake of 10 micrograms of vitamin D a day.
Keep stress and anxiety in check
Keep stress and anxiety in check. Stress hurts mental and physical health. It can increase the risk of heart disease, raise blood pressure, increase insulin resistance blood sugar, and lead to weight gain. Meditation (including mindfulness meditation and yoga) is linked with improvements in physiological factors such as high blood pressure.
Stay social. It is crucial to cultivate good social relationships with loved ones, friends, and family. These connections are essential for our physical health and longevity, while a lack of social interaction can raise the risk of high blood pressure and physiological factors related to inflammation.
The power of sleep
Never underestimate the power of a good night’s sleep. Poor sleep is associated with emotional stress, insulin resistance, disturbed hormonal regulation of food intake, poor food choice and increased risk of obesity.
You may want to consider adding a good quality seed to shelf CBD oil like Dragonfly CBD into your daily routine. Then, all you need are a few drops each day.
Plus, don’t forget to create the ultimate sleep environment: the bedroom should be cool, dark, and quiet for optimal sleep. Conversely, a warm, noisy, and/or brightly lit bedroom can keep us awake and disrupt the sleep we get, even if we do not wake up!
Dragonfly CBD is an award-winning UK-based CBD company that creates all of its products from seed to shelf. You can buy Dragonfly CBD online or in leading pharmacists and high-street retailers like Boots, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Amazon.
Reach out to us today for further information
Feel free to contact us for more expert advice.