CBD Pancakes | The Perfect Shrove Tuesday Treat
What better way to celebrate Pancake Day than slipping some wholesome, natural and nourishing CBD into you batter and toppings. While we encourage our users to opt for the sublingual method (holding oil under the tongue to maximise absorption), cooking with CBD can be a great way to supplement your intake.
Quantity is also at your discretion, just be sure to not exceed the recommended dose, 70mg of CBD per day.
CBD-Infused Banana Pancakes
These fluffy, American-style pancakes are a healthy and nutritious base for whichever topping you choose. Add peanut butter to the batter for an extra protein boost.
2 bananas (the riper the better)
2 free-range eggs
4 heaped tablespoons of self-raising flour
2 tablespoons of plant milk (almond, cashew or oat work well)
A generous squeeze of honey or agave nectar
A few drops of Narrow Spectrum Dragonfly CBD Oil (per person)
1. First off, mash your bananas with a fork. While the consistency should be smooth, don’t stress if yours has tiny lumps – these add to the flavour later on!
2. Add your eggs to the banana and whisk until combined
3. Next add the flour. This step is best done gradually, until the mixture is relatively thick
4. Add the milk
5. Whisk for one minute to aerate the mixture
6. Spoon the batter into a lightly buttered pan on medium heat and cook evenly on each side
If you’re looking for a lazy way to get your CBD hit on Shrove Tuesday, this one step, two-ingredient topping is your answer. The earthy flavour of our CBD extract balances well with strikingly sweet jam for a nourishing sauce.
1. Combine the jam and CBD in a bowl before serving atop your pancakes – simple!
CBD Chocolate Sauce
This indulgently rich and dark topping works best with the CBD-infused banana pancakes above. Ready in a flash, it makes for the Pancake Day dessert of champions.
1. Break the chocolate into smaller chunks
2. Place a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and then place the chocolate inside the bowl
3. Using a microwave-safe mug, heat the milk in the microwave for 30 seconds
4. Combine the milk and chocolate in the glass bowl, slowly stirring the mixture over the heat
5. Mix in a few drops of Dragonfly CBD!